CISCO 3620 & RAS with WIN2000 Server

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Pieterfeys, Dec 16, 2003.

  1. Pieterfeys

    Pieterfeys Guest

    Hey,

    I'm trying to connect the network what's behind my cisco 3620 with
    WIN2000 Server by ISDN.

    I can dial the WIN2000 and he takes the line, but after that he'
    waiting for authentication.

    The Cisco is configured with ppp authentication CHAP same as th
    WIN2000. The username and password are also the same in the Cisco as i
    the WIN2000. In the Access-list is all trafic permitted.

    The problem is, the connection isn't completely established, so i can'
    even send a ping. Did I forgot something?

    thanks a lot, Piete

    Pieterfey
    Pieterfeys, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Windows RAS does not support standard CHAP for dialin. Use PAP
    instead.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~
    ~ Hey,
    ~
    ~ I'm trying to connect the network what's behind my cisco 3620 with a
    ~ WIN2000 Server by ISDN.
    ~
    ~ I can dial the WIN2000 and he takes the line, but after that he's
    ~ waiting for authentication.
    ~
    ~ The Cisco is configured with ppp authentication CHAP same as the
    ~ WIN2000. The username and password are also the same in the Cisco as in
    ~ the WIN2000. In the Access-list is all trafic permitted.
    ~
    ~ The problem is, the connection isn't completely established, so i can't
    ~ even send a ping. Did I forgot something?
    ~
    ~ thanks a lot, Pieter
    ~
    ~