Cisco 3620 and OSPF for IPv6 not working !

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by PAMRibeiro, Sep 8, 2005.

  1. PAMRibeiro

    PAMRibeiro Guest

    After various tests using OSPFv3 for IPv6 routing in Cisco1721's with
    success, i'm now trying to reorganize our IPv6 network centralizing the
    routing in one Cisco3620 (IOS C3620-IS-M, Version 12.3(15a)).

    The IPv6 works well in this router/IOS (supporting at this moment
    ~32VLANs with IPv6), the only *BIG* problem I've found is that a can't
    instantiate the OSPFv3 process to extend the IPv6 to other areas of the
    network served by another router.

    When I type:

    C3620-WILE(config)#ipv6 router ospf ?
    <1-65535> Process ID

    C3620-WILE(config)#ipv6 router ospf 2
    C3620-WILE(config)#

    The command exists (the CLI does inline expansion of the command and
    gives help information about it), but executing-it doesn't switch the
    context as it does with OSPF/IPv4

    C3620-WILE(config)#router ospf 1
    C3620-WILE(config-router)#

    Does anyone know anything about this ??
    Is there some magic trick to use OSPFv3 in this platform ?

    TIA.

    PAMRibeiro, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Symptoms: OSPFv3 neighbors may not come up when IPv6 IPSec is
    configured.

    Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco router that has more
    than one interface configured for OSPFv3 and IPv6 IPSec.

    Workaround: Disable IPSec for IPv6 or configure only a single interface
    on the router for IPv6 IPSec.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/index.htm#EXPERTS
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272

    www.BradReese.Com, Sep 9, 2005

  3. PAMRibeiro

    PAMRibeiro Guest

    Thanks for the tip anyway, but the case isn't that, I'm not using
    IPSec, that's a really plain dual stack IPv6/IPv4 deployment.

    The router is already running another process of OSPF for IPv4 can that
    be the problem ??
    In the C1721 the configuration was very similar (probably only
    interface naming changed) and as I said it worked perfectly.
    I'm using the switch module in the 3620 (NM-16ESW) could that have some
    interference with OSPF ?

    PAMRibeiro, Sep 11, 2005
  4. www.BradReese.Com, Sep 11, 2005