Cisco 3550 VLAN to Netgear Wireless Switch

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Jeff Knapp, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Jeff Knapp

    Jeff Knapp Guest

    I have a client who wants to offer wireless internet to visitors.

    We have a VLAN set up and all 3550s can ping each other over the VLAN.

    However, once I plug in the Netgear into the post assigned to the VLAN on
    the 3550, I can't ping from anything attached to the Netgear, nor can I
    ping the Netgear from the 3550. (I have "accept pings from internet" turned
    on on the Netgear)

    I assume I need to make some other modifications to the Port config?

    This is what I have so far:

    interface FastEthernet0/24
    switchport access vlan 200
    switchport mode access
    switchport voice vlan 114
    mls qos trust device cisco-phone
    mls qos trust cos
    auto qos voip cisco-phone
    wrr-queue bandwidth 20 1 80 10
    wrr-queue min-reserve 1 5
    wrr-queue min-reserve 2 6
    wrr-queue min-reserve 3 7
    wrr-queue min-reserve 4 8
    wrr-queue cos-map 1 0 1 2 4
    wrr-queue cos-map 3 3 6 7
    wrr-queue cos-map 4 5
    priority-queue out
    spanning-tree portfast

    I assume its safe to remove the phone stuff, but I'm not sure what I have
    to do for the switchmode (if anything?)

    Many thanks... I'm kinda new at this and have been thrown to the sharks, as
    it were...

    Jeff

    --

    Remove MYPANTS to reply.

    Jeff Knapp, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Hi Jeff,

    You may wish to investigate the Catalyst 3550 Multilayer Switch
    Software Configuration Guide:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...configuration_guide_book09186a008014f30e.html

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm

    =?iso-8859-1?q?BradReese.Com=AE_-_Leverage_Your_Ci, Jun 12, 2006