    also.. am i correct in thinking this part is discontinued?
    regards
    anton

    ants, Feb 14, 2006

  2. ants

    J.Cottingim Guest

    J.Cottingim, Feb 14, 2006

  3. ants

    ants Guest

    thanks for the info..
    but it's RJ45 connections.. not the gigastack connectors..
    any ideas?
    or else.. how can I get the module number from the command line? ratehr
    than having to power off and check module part number.

    thanks in advance.

    ants, Feb 14, 2006
  4. ants

    J.Cottingim Guest

    There's no command that I'm familiar with to get that info.
    I tried:
    show interface g0/1 transceiver properties
    show interface g0/1 media

    neither showed what you were looking for.

    The information may be in a "show tech" but i'm not sure.

    J.Cottingim, Feb 14, 2006
  5. "ants" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can anyone tell me the part number for the RJ45 GBIC interface module
    > with 2x RJ45 ports instead of 1x rj45 - (ws-g5482)
    >
    > also.. am i correct in thinking this part is discontinued?
    > regards
    > anton

    Anton,

    As I know, GBIC interface on the switch is able to provide only one logical
    interface. For example, when you look for ports/interfaces on the switch,
    you see only one port (Gi0/1 or port 0/1). So, you can not create two
    separate connections out of one GBIC interface module. Theoretically it's
    possible if you will have two or more ports in the same VLAN - it's like
    having the switch within GBIC module, but I never saw anything like that.

    Good luck,

    Michael
    www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

    CiscoHeadsetAdapter.com, Feb 14, 2006