CISCO 3010X: Password Recovery

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rainer Bläs, May 27, 2011.

  1. Rainer Bläs

    Rainer Bläs Guest

    Dear all,
    in order to revover the lost password of a 3110X switch
    we followed exactly the procedure described in Chapter 47 of this
    manual:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/blades/3110/hardware/quick/guide/1800801.html

    After releasing the MODE button we see these messages

    "Password recovery mechanism is enabled. The system has been
    interrupted prior to

    initializing the flash file system. The following commands will
    initialize the flash file system, and

    finish loading the operating system software:

    flash_init

    boot

    NOTE: In contrast to the manual we do NOT see the "load_helper"
    command here.

    In the next step we initialized the flash filesystem by entering
    SWITCH: flash_init

    Because we could not load any helper file (load_helper: cmd not found)
    we displayed the
    switch file system

    SWITCH: dir flash:

    and saw only 1 file called 'multiple-fs' and 1 directory called
    'cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-52.SE' with this contents:

    - info (file)

    -html (directory)

    But there is no 'config.txt' file at all!
    Therefore we boot up the system and tried to enter the Exec mode:
    SWITCH> enable
    Password:

    How do we get rid of this password, we were confused now!

    Greetings, Rainer

    Rainer Bläs, May 27, 2011

  2. Rainer Bläs

    Guest

    On 5月27æ—¥, 下åˆ8時34分, Rainer Bläs <> wrote:
    > Dear all,
    > in order to revover the lost password of a 3110X switch
    > we followed exactly the procedure described in Chapter 47 of this
    > manual:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/blades/3110/hardware/quick/g...
    >
    > After releasing the MODE button we see these messages
    >
    > "Password recovery mechanism is enabled. The system has been
    > interrupted prior to
    >
    > initializing the flash file system. The following commands will
    > initialize the flash file system, and
    >
    > finish loading the operating system software:
    >
    > flash_init
    >
    > boot
    >
    > NOTE: In contrast to the manual we do NOT see the "load_helper"
    > command here.
    >
    > In the next step we initialized the flash filesystem by entering
    >  SWITCH: flash_init
    >
    > Because we could not load any helper file (load_helper: cmd not found)
    > we displayed the
    > switch file system
    >
    > SWITCH: dir flash:
    >
    > and saw only 1 file called 'multiple-fs' and 1 directory called
    > 'cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-52.SE' with this contents:
    >
    > - info (file)
    >
    > -html (directory)
    >
    > But there is no 'config.txt'  file at all!
    > Therefore we boot up the system and tried to enter the Exec mode:
    > SWITCH> enable
    > Password:
    >
    > How do we get rid of this password, we were confused now!
    >
    > Greetings, Rainer

    Hi, just a hint that no "configure.txt" means no previous
    configuration. try the default password might be helpful.

    These special Blade Switches for differnet vendors may have different
    default password.

    , May 30, 2011

  3. Rainer Bläs

    Rainer Bläs Guest

    On 27 Mai, 14:34, Rainer Bläs <> wrote:
    > Dear all,
    > in order to revover the lost password of a 3110X switch
    > we followed exactly the procedure described in Chapter 47 of this
    > manual:
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/blades/3110/hardware/quick/g...
    >
    > After releasing the MODE button we see these messages
    >
    > "Password recovery mechanism is enabled. The system has been
    > interrupted prior to
    >
    > initializing the flash file system. The following commands will
    > initialize the flash file system, and
    >
    > finish loading the operating system software:
    >
    > flash_init
    >
    > boot
    >
    > NOTE: In contrast to the manual we do NOT see the "load_helper"
    > command here.
    >
    > In the next step we initialized the flash filesystem by entering
    >  SWITCH: flash_init
    >
    > Because we could not load any helper file (load_helper: cmd not found)
    > we displayed the
    > switch file system
    >
    > SWITCH: dir flash:
    >
    > and saw only 1 file called 'multiple-fs' and 1 directory called
    > 'cbs31x0-universal-mz.122-52.SE' with this contents:
    >
    > - info (file)
    >
    > -html (directory)
    >
    > But there is no 'config.txt'  file at all!
    > Therefore we boot up the system and tried to enter the Exec mode:
    > SWITCH> enable
    > Password:
    >
    > How do we get rid of this password, we were confused now!
    >
    > Greetings, Rainer

    @bensonlei:
    Perfect. You are right. I found out the Default Password it's'cisco'
    Many thanks for your hint!
    Rainer

    Rainer Bläs, May 30, 2011