Cisco 3000 concentrator --> ASA VPN configuration?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Robert, Sep 17, 2007.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I have a couple Cisco 3000 series concentrators in my Enterprise that
    handle VPN duties for remote users. It's not overly complicated, but
    I do have a few different groups created for those users; different IP
    ranges assigned, different rights, etc. Some of the groups can
    authenticate directly against our Windows Active Directory since it's
    supported directly via the 3000.

    So I wanted to buy a couple more and I see they are discontinued now.
    I know I can still find them if I wanted to - but I figure I would get
    with the times and I ordered an ASA 5520 to replace one of them for
    testing.

    I'm good with CLI in general and know my IOS, but I was never a PIX
    guy. Since the 3000 was all GUI, I'm not sure where to start to
    duplicate the identical functionality of my VPN3020 concentrator to
    work on the ASA. I don't care about it's firewall or IDS features
    just yet - I just want it to work with my Windows clients.

    Is there a place online where it talks about how to configure the ASA
    for us coming from a 3000? I've poked around on the CLI and I don't
    see half the functionality that I had with my 3000.

    -Robert
    Robert, Sep 17, 2007

  2. In article <>,
    Robert <valnar (at) yahoo <dot> com> wrote:

    > Is there a place online where it talks about how to configure the ASA
    > for us coming from a 3000? I've poked around on the CLI and I don't
    > see half the functionality that I had with my 3000.

    Sure, have a look at:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_installation_guides_list.html

    Specifically, there are documents for migrating to ASA 7.x for VPN 3000
    Concentrator administrators; here's the one for ASA 7.2:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa72/vpn3000_upgrade/upgrade/guide/migrate.html

    Cheers,

    Matt

    --
    Matthew Melbourne
    Matthew Melbourne, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Huh. I don't know how I missed that one. Thanks.

    On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:22:06 GMT, Matthew Melbourne
    <> wrote

    Robert, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Robert

    Rob Guest

    Hmm.. It still doesn't quite help. I guess I will have to learn the
    hard way.

    Robert

    Rob, Sep 18, 2007