Cisco 3000 concentrator and PPTP question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Our Microsoft PPTP server doesn't allow simultaneous access to our
    internal resources and the Internet at the same time. The default
    route doesn't work. So the workaround is to uncheck "use default
    gateway on remote network" and manually add routes in Windows to allow
    split tunneling.

    I made it work without having to do that on a Cisco IOS router with
    PPTP. Everything is sent through the tunnel, then a NAT
    configuration on that same router allows them back out to the
    Internet. The Internet sees them as the IP from the router.

    Now I have a Cisco 3020 concentrator and want to simulate the same
    thing. I have PPTP (and the regular Cisco VPN client) working, but
    PPTP allows access only internal resources. The client routes don't
    allow it to get back to the Internet, either via the Cisco 3000
    Concentrator or through our regular default route on my company's
    network. (The Cisco VPN client does split tunneling just fine with
    the routes I specified in the concentrator.) Is there a way, other
    than a batch file on a Windows PC, of getting PPTP users to access the
    Internet via redirection or split tunneling using the Cisco 3000's
    configuration?

    Thanks,
    Rob
    Rob, Feb 15, 2006