    I can go to "Ports, Etherchannel" and it sees that ports 13,14 are
    trying to etherchannel but it says (Down)(Layer2)

    And I do not know what the problem is ?
    Todd Richert, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Todd,

    Does the EMC Calerra really support etherchannel? I thought they might
    support 802.1ad rather than the cisco etherchannel.

    Regards,

    Scott.
    \|/
    (o o)
    ---------------------oOOO--(_)--OOOo----------------------
    Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down
    the T1, over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.
    (Use ROT13 to see my email address)
    .oooO Oooo.
    ----------------------( )---( )-----------------------
    \ ( ) /
    \_) (_/

    scott enwright, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Todd Richert

    Todd Richert Guest

    (Todd Richert) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am trying to get trunking to work with my EMC Celerra, EMC has the
    > Celerra set up for etherchannel trunking, i have both ports connected
    > to the same switch in neighboring ports (13,14) going to the switch UI
    > I can go to "Ports, Etherchannel" and it sees that ports 13,14 are
    > trying to etherchannel but it says (Down)(Layer2)
    >
    > And I do not know what the problem is ?

    Bueller ? Bueller ? anyone ?
    Todd Richert, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Todd Richert

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > (Todd Richert) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I am trying to get trunking to work with my EMC Celerra, EMC has the
    > > Celerra set up for etherchannel trunking, i have both ports connected
    > > to the same switch in neighboring ports (13,14) going to the switch UI
    > > I can go to "Ports, Etherchannel" and it sees that ports 13,14 are
    > > trying to etherchannel but it says (Down)(Layer2)
    > >
    > > And I do not know what the problem is ?

    Couple of things to try:

    1) Cisco switches can be finicky about what ports can be used for
    channelling (it groups of 2 or 4). So try 1&2 instead.

    2) Force the channeling to be on. Don't try to negotiate with PAgP.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Jan 10, 2004