    connects to, switch has one VLAN? I have IP and MAC address of
    workstation.
    How about a Dell 3424 switch? Thank you.

    Tester, Sep 8, 2008

  2. Tester

    Trendkill Guest

    On Sep 8, 10:24 am, Tester <> wrote:
    > Hi there,
    > How would I find the exact Cisco 2950 switch port that a workstation
    > connects to, switch has one VLAN? I have IP and MAC address of
    > workstation.
    > How about a Dell 3424 switch? Thank you.

    show mac-address-table....then match the mac. I think you may be able
    to do a '| include aaaa.bbbb.cccc' to find the exact port.

    Trendkill, Sep 8, 2008

  3. Tester <> writes:
    >How would I find the exact Cisco 2950 switch port that a workstation
    >connects to, switch has one VLAN? I have IP and MAC address of
    >workstation.

    hostname#show mac-address-table | i 0013.725b.fdfa
    409 0013.725b.fdfa DYNAMIC Fa0/8

    Port Fa0/8 (Vlan 409).

    >How about a Dell 3424 switch? Thank you.

    If they are anything like the 5424..
    You can't.

    I can find now way to access the CAM table on the Dell switches.
    You can get the ARP table, but that doesn't tell you anything.

    Doug McIntyre, Sep 8, 2008
  4. Tester

    alexd Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 07:24:07 -0700, Tester wrote:

    > How about a Dell 3424 switch? Thank you.

    On some Dells, if you press ^Z or <break> once logged in to the console
    menu, that'll drop you into a mini-CLI when you can type 'lcli' or
    similar to get into the proper CLI.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    19:35:11 up 1 day, 3:46, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.08, 0.01

    alexd, Sep 8, 2008