    connect to the router. Router is connected to the head office over the Frame
    Relay. I have only VLAN2 + default VLAN1 that I will use for trunking.

    Thanks

    John Strow, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Connect both 3550's using 1gb gbics (fiber or 1000baseT), connect the 4
    2950's using a single (or double, etherchannel) port to both 3550's. Connect
    the router to one of the 3550's. Configure all links between switches as
    trunks so you'll be able to assign the appropriate vlan to any port you
    like.

    3550-1 connects to all 2950's via single port (or etherchannel)
    3550-2 connects to all 2950's via single port (or etherchannel)
    3550-1 connects to 3550-2 via gbic port
    2600 router connects to one of the 3550's (or both if it has multiple
    ethernet ports)
    3550's should do inter-vlan routing
    2600 will do branch-head-office routing. If connected via multiple ethernet
    to 3550's, use routed ports on the 3550's.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Dec 13, 2003