    battery would prevent the unit from booting up, but I suppose it is a
    possibility. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

    Vincent

    Vincent, Mar 10, 2009

  2. Vincent <> writes:
    >I recently purchased a used Cisco 2948 switch on Ebay and it does not
    >appear to be working correctly...Are there any engineers out there
    >that may be able to assist me? When I power on the switch, the PSI
    >led is amber, the RPSU led is green and the status led is off. I
    >opened up the case and saw that there were two additional lights on
    >the circuit board (CR5 and CR6). Both of these were lit and were
    >green. Also, I noticed that there was a CR2430 battery on the circuit
    >board that appears to have been soldered on. I don't think a dead
    >battery would prevent the unit from booting up, but I suppose it is a
    >possibility. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

    I assume you have a 2948G since there's alot more of those available
    on eBay than the 2948-L3 which is totally different beast.

    The PS1 light should not be amber, it should be green.
    Status should light up orange until the sup finishes booting, then go green.

    If your PS1 stays amber, I'd say its a bad power supply. Complain to
    the seller that it has a bad power supply.

    If you have a bad power supply, nothing else matters, it won't power
    on without PS1 going green.

    Doug McIntyre, Mar 10, 2009