    Thanks...

    BV

    , Oct 3, 2007

  2. writes:
    >I am trying to configure VLANs on this (rather old) Cisco 2924 switch
    >(actual model under 'show version' is WS-C2924-XL-EN) running software
    >version 12.0 (5.3) WC(1). I can't seem to find the global VLAN command
    >like I would under the Cisco 2950 switch. My guess is it's probably
    >the software version that I am running. So my questions are:

    >What level of software (minimum) do I need to have in order to have
    >this VLAN command?

    They did it differently on previously models/software revs.
    Even the latest software for the 2924 doesn't configure vlans the same
    as on the 2950/2960.

    >If I stay at this level, what's the command to create different VLANs?

    from main level CLI.

    vlan database

    Then from here, the commands are much the same as
    conf term
    vlan ...

    Doug McIntyre, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Oct 3, 4:08 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > writes:
    > >I am trying to configure VLANs on this (rather old) Cisco 2924 switch
    > >(actual model under 'show version' is WS-C2924-XL-EN) running software
    > >version 12.0 (5.3) WC(1). I can't seem to find the global VLAN command
    > >like I would under the Cisco 2950 switch. My guess is it's probably
    > >the software version that I am running. So my questions are:
    > >What level of software (minimum) do I need to have in order to have
    > >this VLAN command?

    > They did it differently on previously models/software revs.
    > Even the latest software for the 2924 doesn't configure vlans the same
    > as on the 2950/2960.
    >
    > >If I stay at this level, what's the command to create different VLANs?

    > from main level CLI.
    >
    > vlan database
    >
    > Then from here, the commands are much the same as
    > conf term
    > vlan ...

    is there an equivalent commands for "show interfaces switchport"and
    "show interfaces trunk" on this 2924 with the installed software
    level?

    BV

    , Oct 4, 2007
  4. writes:
    >On Oct 3, 4:08 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    >> writes:
    >> >I am trying to configure VLANs on this (rather old) Cisco 2924 switch
    >> >(actual model under 'show version' is WS-C2924-XL-EN) running software
    >> >version 12.0 (5.3) WC(1). I can't seem to find the global VLAN command
    >> >like I would under the Cisco 2950 switch. My guess is it's probably
    >> >the software version that I am running. So my questions are:
    >> >What level of software (minimum) do I need to have in order to have
    >> >this VLAN command?

    >> They did it differently on previously models/software revs.
    >> Even the latest software for the 2924 doesn't configure vlans the same
    >> as on the 2950/2960.
    >>
    >> >If I stay at this level, what's the command to create different VLANs?

    >> from main level CLI.
    >>
    >> vlan database
    >>
    >> Then from here, the commands are much the same as
    >> conf term
    >> vlan ...

    >is there an equivalent commands for "show interfaces switchport"and
    >"show interfaces trunk" on this 2924 with the installed software
    >level?

    No.

    The closest you get is 'show vlan' and 'show int faste 0/xx switchport'
    and walk through each interface. The older boxes didn't have the options
    for dynamic trunking that the newer ones do.

    You have to expect some new features that won't exist on boxes EOL'd 8+
    years ago. :) Thats not saying I don't have some in my network still..

    FWIW: your software rev is the last major version available. Only
    minor bug fix releases were done up after it, no feature changes.

    Doug McIntyre, Oct 4, 2007
  5. Guest

    On Oct 4, 1:15 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > writes:

    > >> They did it differently on previously models/software revs.
    > >> Even the latest software for the 2924 doesn't configure vlans the same
    > >> as on the 2950/2960.

    > >> from main level CLI.

    > >> vlan database

    > >> Then from here, the commands are much the same as
    > >> conf term
    > >> vlan ...

    > >is there an equivalent commands for "show interfaces switchport"and
    > >"show interfaces trunk" on this 2924 with the installed software
    > >level?

    > No.
    >
    > The closest you get is 'show vlan' and 'show int faste 0/xx switchport'
    > and walk through each interface. The older boxes didn't have the options
    > for dynamic trunking that the newer ones do.
    >
    > You have to expect some new features that won't exist on boxes EOL'd 8+
    > years ago. :) Thats not saying I don't have some in my network still..
    >
    > FWIW: your software rev is the last major version available. Only
    > minor bug fix releases were done up after it, no feature changes.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks...

    , Oct 18, 2007