    Thanks,
    Mick
    , Apr 19, 2007

  2. Smokey Guest

    wrote:
    > Or do you have to have the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? Our current router uses the
    > non-V2 version and we want to know if we can bring those over or if we
    > need to order all new WICs.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mick

    Hi Mick,

    I just bought a 2821 and replaced a 2600 and was in the same position,
    the answer is no it will not take anything but a V2 WIC. It is a shame
    because it adds an extra $1000 to the cost of the router. :(
    Smokey, Apr 19, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Apr 19, 10:38 am, Smokey <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Or do you have to have the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? Our current router uses the
    > > non-V2 version and we want to know if we can bring those over or if we
    > > need to order all new WICs.

    > > Thanks,
    > > Mick

    > Hi Mick,
    >
    > I just bought a 2821 and replaced a 2600 and was in the same position,
    > the answer is no it will not take anything but a V2 WIC. It is a shame
    > because it adds an extra $1000 to the cost of the router. :(

    More for us, we have 3 T1's :). I've found some companies that sell
    the V2 version for around ~ $270, but I'm not sure if those are
    refurbished or not. Thanks for the info.
    , Apr 19, 2007
  4. Thrill5 Guest

    Cisco does have a trade-in program, and when upgrading to a platform where
    your old cards don't work on the new one, Cisco is usually pretty generous
    on those cards. Contact your Cisco Sales rep or reseller about this.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Apr 19, 2007
  5. Smokey Guest

    Thrill5 wrote:
    > Cisco does have a trade-in program, and when upgrading to a platform where
    > your old cards don't work on the new one, Cisco is usually pretty generous
    > on those cards. Contact your Cisco Sales rep or reseller about this.

    Good point.
    Smokey, Apr 19, 2007
  6. Smokey <> writes:
    > wrote:
    >> Or do you have to have the WIC-1DSU-T1-V2? Our current router uses the
    >> non-V2 version and we want to know if we can bring those over or if we
    >> need to order all new WICs.

    >I just bought a 2821 and replaced a 2600 and was in the same position,
    >the answer is no it will not take anything but a V2 WIC. It is a shame
    >because it adds an extra $1000 to the cost of the router. :(

    Right.

    I suspect the real reason the non-V2 cards won't work is the rampet
    piracy of Cisco WIC-1DSU-T1s on the gray-market.

    Otherwise, it certainly would have been nice to support upgrades like that.
    Doug McIntyre, Apr 20, 2007