Cisco 2801 + Etherswitch + DSL + Cable modem config problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by tuyo, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. tuyo

    tuyo Guest

    I just recieved a Cisco 2801 which is came with 2 4-port etherswitch
    HWIC cards, and i'm trying to configure it. Since I'm not a well
    versed cisco person (now the basics though), i need some help in
    knowing if what i'm trying to do is possible. So here are the
    parameters.

    A. My DSL provider gives me a network bridge which has 1 ethernet port,
    and they provide me with 4 static IP addresses 66.88.88.166/24.

    B. My Cable provider gives me 4 DHCP addresses, and a cable modem with
    1 ethernet port.

    C. My local network is spread through a hub, typical 192.168.0.x/24

    I'd like my setup to be able to use ALL 8 IP addresses for internet,
    and route outbound using the cable addresses, as well as recieve
    inbound traffic for my mail server, dns server etc. So here how i have
    things connected.

    [ Cisco 2801 ]
    [dsl isp ]<---->[DSLBrige ]<-cat5->[ 4 port etherswitch ]
    [cable isp]<---->[cablemodem]<-cat5->[ 4 port etherswitch ]
    [ ]
    local network
    [ built in port 0/1 ]<--->[hub
    192.x/24]

    All cables are good and working, ports are up/up

    My question is: is what i'm trying to do even possible?

    I've noticed a few folks talking about Vlans, but i'm not sure exactly
    how that would be done etc.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    tuyo, Apr 2, 2005