cisco 2801 as dhcp server, ddns

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Dmitry Melekhov, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. Hello!

    I can't understand how to use 2801 to send ddns updates to our dns
    server.

    I did:

    ip dhcp update dns both override
    ip name-server 192.168.22.220
    ip ddns update method bind
    DDNS both

    ip dhcp pool 46
    network 192.168.46.0 255.255.255.0
    update dns both override
    dns-server 192.168.22.220 192.168.22.99
    netbios-name-server 192.168.22.220
    default-router 192.168.46.2
    domain-name xnet.belkam.com

    Clients get ip addresses from dhcp server, but no ddns updates occure.
    I turned on debug ddns but see nothing!

    Any ideas?

    Dmitry Melekhov, Dec 13, 2005