Cisco 2621XM problems

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by kj, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. kj

    kj Guest

    Hi all!

    We have a new
    Cisco 2621XM router with

    IOS 12.3(6) and SDM 1.1a installed.

    Our old router is to be replaced wit tthis one and we have 2 subnets in our
    office. On 10-class and one c-class both in private use, so to say.

    Now I have conf. eth 0/0 to a c-klass ip and eth 0/1 to an 10-klass ip as
    this is the case with the old router. Have also fixed a routing table.

    Problem: when I configure my machine to use either one of the subnets and
    use the new router as default GW I can ping another machine on the same
    subnet but not a machine on the other and vice versa. Acess to Internet does
    not work either. Of course the 2 routers are not connected to the LAN at the
    same time as they have the same Ip config. The two eth ports in the new
    router are now configured as LAN ports. Should they be WAN? How do I do
    that. SDM does not allow me to change that. When I try to ping from inside
    the new router using one eth port as source and a machine on the other
    subnet as target everything works well across the two subnets.

    As you understand I'm not familiar with these type of problems....sorry if
    my questions seem stupid :cool:

    Regards

    Stefan

    kj, Sep 2, 2004

  2. kj

    kj Guest

    Hi all (again)

    If it is of some help here's the new routers (a bit edited...) config:

    !This is the running config of the router: E.F.G.H
    !---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -
    !version 12.3
    service timestamps debug datetime msec
    service timestamps log datetime msec
    no service password-encryption
    !
    hostname ciscorouterkopa
    !
    boot-start-marker
    boot-end-marker
    !
    logging buffered 51200 alerts
    logging console critical
    enable secret 5 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    enable password XXXXXX
    !

    username XXXX privilege 15 password 0 XXXXXX
    clock summer-time Europe/Helsinki date Mar 30 2003 3:00 Oct 26 2003 4:00
    no network-clock-participate slot 1
    no network-clock-participate wic 0
    no aaa new-model
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip source-route
    no ip routing
    no ip cef
    !
    !
    !
    no ip bootp server
    !
    !
    !
    !
    interface Null0
    no ip unreachables
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/0
    description $ETH-LAN$$FW_INSIDE$
    ip address A.B.C.D 255.255.255.128 <-THE C-CLASS IP
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip route-cache
    speed auto
    half-duplex
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1
    description $ETH-LAN$
    ip address E.F.G.H 255.255.255.0 <- THE 10-KLASS IP
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip route-cache
    speed auto
    half-duplex
    no cdp enable
    !
    ip http server
    ip http authentication local
    ip classless
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 X.X.X.X permanent
    ip route XXXXX permanent
    ip route XXXXX permanent
    ip route XXXXX permanent
    ip route XXXXX permanent
    ip route XXXXX permanent
    !
    !
    logging trap debugging
    logging Y.Y.Y.Y
    no cdp run
    !
    line con 0
    login local
    transport output telnet
    line aux 0
    login local
    transport output telnet
    line vty 0 4
    privilege level 15
    password xxxxxxx
    login local
    transport input telnet
    !
    !
    !
    end

    kj, Sep 2, 2004

  3. kj wrote:
    > Hi all (again)
    >
    > If it is of some help here's the new routers (a bit edited...) config:

    > no ip routing

    There's your problem. Make that 'ip routing' and you're set.

    > no ip cef

    And make that 'ip cef', but that's only for performance, not functionality.

    Regards,

    Marco.

    M.C. van den Bovenkamp, Sep 2, 2004