cisco 2620

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Ammad Khan, Oct 25, 2003.

  1. Ammad Khan

    Ammad Khan Guest

    hi there
    i am having a little problem my 2620's CPU Utilization
    reaching 99%
    with 60% of IP input and 15 % of ARP input using two VPN tunnels on it
    here is the configuration of my ethernet
    ip address 192.168.191.151 255.255.255.0
    ip access-group 111 in
    ip accounting access-violations
    ip route-cache same-interface
    ip policy route-map transparent
    speed auto
    full-duplex
    no cdp enable

    and here is the ACL i have

    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 135 log
    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 136 log
    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 137 log
    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 138 log
    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 139 log
    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 4444 log
    access-list 147 deny tcp any any eq 445 log
    access-list 147 permit tcp any any
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq 4444 log
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq 445 log
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq 444 log
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq netbios-dgm log
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq netbios-ns log
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq 136 log
    access-list 147 deny udp any any eq 135 log
    access-list 147 permit udp any any
    access-list 147 deny icmp any any
    access-list 147 permit ip any any

    thanks

    Regards
    A.Khan

    Ammad Khan, Oct 25, 2003

  2. On 24 Oct 2003 22:57:27 -0700, Ammad Khan wrote:
    > hi there
    > i am having a little problem my 2620's CPU Utilization
    > reaching 99%
    > with 60% of IP input and 15 % of ARP input using two VPN tunnels on it
    > here is the configuration of my ethernet

    weel that is fine - but it really doesn't provide the complete
    picture.

    First of all 15% arp seems VERY high, do you by change have any static
    route with only a Ethernet interface as next-hop ?

    Secondly, enabling CEF might help you, if your traffic can be CEF
    switched with the features you're running.

    conf t
    ip cef
    end

    /Jesper

    --
    Jesper Skriver, CCIE #5456, FreeBSD committer

    Jesper Skriver, Oct 25, 2003