    of the pix would go to my LAN of course.

    Could I possibly do this using 1 2611 instead of two? The only
    problem I would see is the routers default gateway.
    Adam Embrey, Jul 24, 2003

  2. "Adam Embrey" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
    > each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
    > routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
    > other ethernet interface to the other.
    >
    > I am trying to have 2 ISPs comming in for fault tolerance and load
    > balancing for my outgoing traffic as well as incoming traffic
    > including traffic to my 3005.
    >
    > The way I pictured it I would have ATT come into one 2611 and MCI come
    > into a second 2611. Behind that I would have a Radware linkproof
    > loadbalancing appliance and behind that I will have a PIX 515e. In the
    > dmz I would have my 3005 and a FTP server and the internal interface
    > of the pix would go to my LAN of course.
    >
    > Could I possibly do this using 1 2611 instead of two? The only
    > problem I would see is the routers default gateway.

    Why one 2611 if you are after high availibility, isn't the 2611 a single
    point of failure then ?

    Just my 20c
    Mats
    Mats Karlsson, Jul 24, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    Adam Embrey <> wrote:
    >Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
    >each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
    >routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
    >other ethernet interface to the other.

    Yes, you can do this with policy routing.

    interface EthernetX
    ip policy default-att
    interface EthernetY
    ip policy default-mci

    route-map default-att permit 10
    set default interface SerialX

    route-map default-mci permit 10
    set default interface SerialY

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Level(3), Woburn, MA
    Barry Margolin, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Adam Embrey

    Adam Embrey Guest

    "Mats Karlsson" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Adam Embrey" <> wrote in message
    > > Would it be possible to have two internal t1 csu/dsu wic interfaces
    > > each going to a separate ISP and basically use it as two logical
    > > routers sending data from one ethernet interface to one T1 and the
    > > other ethernet interface to the other.
    > >
    > > I am trying to have 2 ISPs comming in for fault tolerance and load
    > > balancing for my outgoing traffic as well as incoming traffic
    > > including traffic to my 3005.
    > >
    > > The way I pictured it I would have ATT come into one 2611 and MCI come
    > > into a second 2611. Behind that I would have a Radware linkproof
    > > loadbalancing appliance and behind that I will have a PIX 515e. In the
    > > dmz I would have my 3005 and a FTP server and the internal interface
    > > of the pix would go to my LAN of course.
    > >
    > > Could I possibly do this using 1 2611 instead of two? The only
    > > problem I would see is the routers default gateway.

    > Why one 2611 if you are after high availibility, isn't the 2611 a single
    > point of failure then ?
    >

    > Just my 20c
    > Mats

    The reason for one 2611 is to get me through budgeting issues untill January.
    Adam Embrey, Jul 24, 2003