    Is this true? And what exactly is the IP Plus feature set?

    Many thanks in advance.

    , Aug 22, 2006

  2. writes:
    >I was thinking of purchasing a Cisco 2610 router with 12.3 IOS. The
    >model has one 10 Mbs Ethernet port.

    >Can anyone tell me if this router is capable of trunking dot1q?

    There's a couple versions of IOS available that can trunk VLANs.
    Most versions of IOS can't on this box. (you'll probably get alot of
    people saying that its a 10Mbps port, and only 100Mbps can do VLANs,
    but they are all wrong :) there is actually a version of code that
    does work on a 2610 with 10Mbps that can do it.

    >It can, because the IOS is higher than 12.2(8)T. However, I have read
    >elsewhere that the IOS needs the IP Plus feature set enabled.
    >Is this true? And what exactly is the IP Plus feature set?

    Yes, you need the ip+ basic feature set, which is an additional
    license (ie. additional money to cisco) required for additional
    features. You'll also need the box maxed out on RAM/Flash of 64M/16M
    as well.

    Ie. image c2600-is5-mz.12.3-20.bin says it has IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
    Support & IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Trunking features in it.

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 23, 2006