    upgrade require me to upgrade the memory from the default 16 MB to 32 MB ?

    Thanking you in advance,

    Chris Westhorpe

    Chris Westhorpe, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Chris Westhorpe

    BradReeseCom Guest

    Hi Chris,

    You may wish to investigate the Cisco IOS Software Selector:

    http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/ISTMAIN/servlet/index

    The Cisco IOS Software Selector finds the right Cisco IOS software and
    the amount of memory you need to run the Cisco IOS features you want to
    run on your Cisco platform.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.ComĀ® Cisco Resource Center
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    Website: http://www.BradReese.Com/

    BradReeseCom, Mar 9, 2005

  3. BradReeseCom wrote:
    > Hi Chris,
    >
    > You may wish to investigate the Cisco IOS Software Selector:
    >
    > http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/ISTMAIN/servlet/index
    >
    > The Cisco IOS Software Selector finds the right Cisco IOS software and
    > the amount of memory you need to run the Cisco IOS features you want to
    > run on your Cisco platform.
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Brad Reese
    > BradReese.ComĀ® Cisco Resource Center
    > United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    > U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    > International: 828-277-7272
    > Fax: 775-254-3558
    > Website: http://www.BradReese.Com/

    Hi Brad (and others),

    Thank you for your prompt reply, I checked that link and the IOS I
    require is a 12.3 with a IP/H323 PLUS BASIC feature set. Unfortunatly I
    do not currently have a valid Cisco subscription so I can't find out the
    memory requirements for my hardware.

    If the image name is
    Image Name (Dram/Flash) : c2600-is3x-mz.12.3-12a (64/16)
    and a
    "show hardware" on the router shows the router as
    cisco 2621 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x600) with 56320K/9216K bytes
    of memory
    .... and ...
    16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Would I be right in assuming that this image would work on my hardware
    without any hardware upgrades?

    Regards,

    Chris Westhorpe

    Chris Westhorpe, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Chris Westhorpe

    John Smith Guest

    > Hi Brad (and others),
    >
    > Thank you for your prompt reply, I checked that link and the IOS I require
    > is a 12.3 with a IP/H323 PLUS BASIC feature set. Unfortunatly I do not
    > currently have a valid Cisco subscription so I can't find out the memory
    > requirements for my hardware.
    >
    > If the image name is
    > Image Name (Dram/Flash) : c2600-is3x-mz.12.3-12a (64/16)
    > and a
    > "show hardware" on the router shows the router as
    > cisco 2621 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x600) with 56320K/9216K bytes of
    > memory
    > ... and ...
    > 16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
    >
    > Would I be right in assuming that this image would work on my hardware
    > without any hardware upgrades?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Chris Westhorpe

    I was unable to find any IOS that would work with 48meg ram when I got an
    ADSL-WIC. I had to upgrade. Fortunatly 3rd party 32meg dram will only put
    you back about $18. I've had good experiences with www.ssmemory.com

    Regards
    Paul

    John Smith, Mar 9, 2005
  5. John Smith wrote:
    >>Hi Brad (and others),
    >>
    >>Thank you for your prompt reply, I checked that link and the IOS I require
    >>is a 12.3 with a IP/H323 PLUS BASIC feature set. Unfortunatly I do not
    >>currently have a valid Cisco subscription so I can't find out the memory
    >>requirements for my hardware.
    >>
    >>If the image name is
    >>Image Name (Dram/Flash) : c2600-is3x-mz.12.3-12a (64/16)
    >>and a
    >>"show hardware" on the router shows the router as
    >>cisco 2621 (MPC860) processor (revision 0x600) with 56320K/9216K bytes of
    >>memory
    >>... and ...
    >>16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
    >>
    >>Would I be right in assuming that this image would work on my hardware
    >>without any hardware upgrades?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Chris Westhorpe
    >>

    > I was unable to find any IOS that would work with 48meg ram when I got an
    > ADSL-WIC. I had to upgrade. Fortunatly 3rd party 32meg dram will only put
    > you back about $18. I've had good experiences with www.ssmemory.com
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul

    Hi Paul,

    I just want to check that I have this right before I try and arrange
    purchase. I CAN get the image to fit on 16 MB of ROM, but I will need to
    upgrade my RAM for this version of the IOS (to say 96MB).

    Regards,

    Chris

    Chris Westhorpe, Mar 11, 2005