Cisco 2600 / VLAN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Paul Guthrie, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Paul Guthrie

    Paul Guthrie Guest

    Hi,
    I'm running into a problem setting up a VLAN between a Cisco 2600 and
    a 3500XL. The 3500XL has no trouble talking to others, it's the 2600
    that's giving me difficulty.

    First, it's a 2621 with IOS 12.2(8)T.

    Basically, it doesn't seem to support VLANs at all. When I do a
    config , interface FastEthernet 0/1.5
    there is no encapsulate command available.

    So, I'm wondering:
    1. Are VLANs not supported on the built-in interfaces on the 2621? I
    thought they were.
    2. Do I have too early an IOS version.... I thought VLANs came in in
    12.2(2)
    3. Are they in some feature pack or some other SW I don't have

    Thanks!
    Paul

    Paul Guthrie, Mar 4, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Paul Guthrie <> wrote:
    :I'm running into a problem setting up a VLAN between a Cisco 2600 and
    :a 3500XL. The 3500XL has no trouble talking to others, it's the 2600
    :that's giving me difficulty.

    :First, it's a 2621 with IOS 12.2(8)T.

    [Summarizing] You need PLUS, ENTERPRISE, IPX, or TELCO.
    VLANs are not supported on the 2621 with basic IP.
    --
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub null} little, Aleph sub {Aleph sub one} little,
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub two} little infinities...

    Walter Roberson, Mar 4, 2004