    there another command to use?

    Marcus
    ******

    tobhamlet, Oct 14, 2005

  2. tobhamlet

    Bob Goddard Guest

    tobhamlet wrote:

    > Using "enable" does not work on a Cisco 2600 Router. Any idea why?
    > Is there another command to use?

    It usually helps if you tell us how and what is returned
    when you try it. The resident mind reader gave the job
    up and so far despite hard work by the employment agencies,
    no one has applied for the position.

    Bob Goddard, Oct 14, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    Bob Goddard <> wrote:
    :It usually helps if you tell us how and what is returned
    :when you try it. The resident mind reader gave the job
    :up and so far despite hard work by the employment agencies,
    :no one has applied for the position.

    The employment agencies didn't post the position: knowing enough
    to apply for the specific competition number without being told
    is considered part of the mandatory qualifications.

    'enable' doesn't work:
    - bad serial port on the connecting device
    - bad serial cable
    - bad flow control
    - using the wrong port (auxillary instead of console)
    - wrong password
    - caps lock left on
    - user is trying to use the numeric keypad to type part of
    the password but the numeric keypad is not in the mode
    the user expects
    - it is working, but the device has been configured so that
    enable gets you to a privilege level that cannot do much
    - command has been disabled for that class of transport
    (e.g., might only be allowed on the console, but the user is
    telneting in)
    - corrupt IOS
    - device hardware problem
    - solar flare
    --
    I am spammed, therefore I am.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 14, 2005
  4. tobhamlet

    tobhamlet Guest

    It says rommon>

    I suspect this is rom memory level. How do I get out of this?

    Marcus
    *********

    tobhamlet, Oct 15, 2005
  5. "tobhamlet" <> writes:
    >It says rommon>

    >I suspect this is rom memory level. How do I get out of this?

    rommon> is the boot loader prompt.

    Did you accidently wipe out the IOS image on it? It also could be corrupt.
    Or the boot path set wrong. Or you could have bought this used and the
    seller wiped IOS since the license to IOS isn't legally transferrable
    without relicensing?

    What are the boot messages up to the rommon> prompt?

    Doug McIntyre, Oct 15, 2005