    the internet, but anything going through the router cannot.

    Suggestions please

    Martin Baker
    M Baker, Dec 23, 2003

  2. M Baker

    Ivan Guest

    "M Baker" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have a 2600 that handles 4 serial wic's and 2 ethernet interfaces.
    > On the serial interfaces we have ppp conections with routers on the
    > other side.
    >
    > The routers can ping each other but the clients on each end can only
    > ping their own default gateway and cannot find their route out.
    >
    > The serial interfaces are configured as unnumbered ip and set to
    > ethernet 0
    >
    > the two ethernet port connect to a lan switch. Our internet connection
    > is also on the switch. All conections direct to the switch can access
    > the internet, but anything going through the router cannot.

    It would be much easier to help if you provide 'wr t' output...

    Ivan
    Ivan, Dec 24, 2003

  3. M Baker

    Brad Guest

    Make sure you have default gateways set on the clients (or static routes).
    Make sure the remote side knows how to get back to the clients network
    (either dynamic or static routing). Let me know if that solves your
    problem.

    thanks,
    -Brad Ellis
    CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)