    Thanks in advance,

    Rolf
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    RO|_F, Jul 8, 2004

  2. In article <40edc76f$0$155$>,
    RO|_F <> wrote:
    :I screwed up the ios image on my cisco 2600 router.
    :Does anyone has an image and want to e-mail it to me? That would help me a
    :lot (I hope)

    I could probably dig up an IOS 10.1 image if I went through some
    really old tapes. But considering the time it would take me to find
    the right tape and get the old old tape drive working, buying a new
    copy of the image would be a lot less trouble.

    Your posting comes off a bit suspicious to the regulars here. You
    fail to specify exactly what version you were running, and exactly
    which feature set. We've seen this kind of posting go by many times
    before: you have to pardon our suspicions that you never had a valid
    licensed IOS copy, that you probably got the 2600 cheap and used,
    that it might not have had IOS on it when you bought it, that you
    don't know much at all about Cisco but found a bargin device you
    thought you'd play with, and that you are fishing around hoping someone
    will send you the software you need.\

    If I am misaken in my suspicions and you have proof of purchase of
    a recent IOS version then people are more likely to be willing to help
    you find a replacement copy.
    -- Rich Kulawiec
    Walter Roberson, Jul 9, 2004

  3. RO|_F

    RO|_F Guest

    Hi,

    I can imagine the suspicions, but actual situation is that I need to replace
    a cisco 2500 (with IOS 11 ) . The 2600 (well it is actually a 2610) I have
    unused after replacing this one by a 1700 series.
    In a way the IOS got corrupted. I do see the image in flash, but cannot boot
    it. That's why I asked for an image.
    I have to say that I maybe didn't spend enough time in diving into the cisco
    material and then to mention the feature set etc.
    Maybe it's because it has been a year ago I succeeded for Cisco course and
    didn't spend much time 'playing' with routers after that, since most time
    was spent on migrating to JD edwards and Windows 2000 AD in the company I
    work for.

    Regards,

    Rolf

    RO|_F, Jul 9, 2004
  4. In article <40ef1e8b$0$763$>,
    RO|_F <> wrote:
    :In a way the IOS got corrupted. I do see the image in flash, but cannot boot
    :it. That's why I asked for an image.

    If you can see the image in flash, you should be able to see the
    image name. If you post the image name, we might be able to assist
    you in getting a new image from Cisco (it depends a lot on exactly
    what you already have.)
    --
    This is not the same .sig the second time you read it.
    Walter Roberson, Jul 10, 2004