Cisco 2600, FastEthernet won't come up

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Craig Bruenderman, Nov 6, 2003.

  1. I've got a 2600 here whose FastEthernet0/0 refuses to come up. I no
    shut it, but it just goes right back down. How can I diagnose this for
    a config problem or a hardware failure?

    Router#sh interfaces
    FastEthernet0/0 is administratively down, line protocol is down
    Hardware is AmdFE, address is 0008.a316.1d80 (bia 0008.a316.1d80)
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit, DLY 100 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Unknown duplex, Unknown Speed, 100BaseTX/FX
    ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
    Last input never, output never, output hang never
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
    0 packets input, 0 bytes
    0 watchdog, 0 multicast
    0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
    0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier

    Craig Bruenderman, Nov 6, 2003

  2. Craig Bruenderman

    Ceri Davies Guest

    Craig Bruenderman <> wrote:
    > I've got a 2600 here whose FastEthernet0/0 refuses to come up. I no
    > shut it, but it just goes right back down. How can I diagnose this for
    > a config problem or a hardware failure?

    Duplicate IP address?

    Ceri

    Ceri Davies, Nov 7, 2003