Cisco 2600 + DSL + Cable -> Failover and port forwarding

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Stuart, Jul 2, 2008.

  1. Stuart

    Stuart Guest

    To whom it shall concern:

    I am interested in reconfiguring a Cisco 2600 such that it can perform
    failover between a DSL and Cable connection (both have given us static
    IP addresses, and neither requires a PPPoE connection).

    However, in addition, I have specific port numbers that must be
    forwarded to specific IP addresses on the inside network regardless of
    if the DSL or the Cable connection is the controlling WAN connection.

    Additionally, I would like the Cisco 2600 to be a firewall, and
    provision DHCP addresses on the inside network as well.

    Does anyone have a recipe for this configuration?

    Thanks,

    Blake

    Stuart, Jul 2, 2008

  2. Stuart

    Guest

    On Jul 1, 9:47 pm, Stuart <> wrote:
    > To whom it shall concern:
    >
    > I am interested in reconfiguring a Cisco 2600 such that it can perform
    > failover between a DSL and Cable connection (both have given us static
    > IP addresses, and neither requires a PPPoE connection).
    >
    > However, in addition, I have specific port numbers that must be
    > forwarded to specific IP addresses on the inside network regardless of
    > if the DSL or the Cable connection is the controlling WAN connection.
    >
    > Additionally, I would like the Cisco 2600 to be a firewall, and
    > provision DHCP addresses on the inside network as well.
    >
    > Does anyone have a recipe for this configuration?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Blake

    you can configure float static route using next comman

    ip route x.x.x.x x.x.x.x x.x.x.x x
    where last X is higher adminstrative distance than the working route
    Good luck

    , Aug 5, 2008