    transfer it to my Asterisk box? I don't have an FXO card for the Asterisk
    box yet or I would have it manage the call. This is all experimentation.

    Any help or syntax command would help. Thanks

    Ron Crash, Jul 18, 2003

  2. Ron Crash

    SPD Guest

    Ron:

    If the 2621 is speaking SIP then you need to define an instance
    of the sip user agent (sip-ua command) with the sip-server
    pointed at the address of your asterisk box. You would then
    want to define the appropriate dial peers for inbound and outbound
    calling. The "inbound" dial peer should identify the "target" for the
    call as the keyword "sip-server".

    I don't has a real config handy so I hope this helps.

    -Steve

    SPD, Jul 18, 2003

  3. Ron Crash

    Ron Crash Guest

    The Cisco will do SIP. I have an FXS card in it now and I can get the Cisco
    to pick up the POTS line when dialed and direct it to a FXS port (ring,
    ring) my extension. But I just don't know the correct syntax or commands to
    point the Cisco to transfer an incoming call to Asterisk. I'm almost there
    :)

    "Jeremy McNamara" <> wrote in message

    > Ron Crash wrote:
    > > I have a Cisco 2621 w/ a Voice Module. I have a FXO card in it

    connected to
    > > my POTS line. What do I need to do to get my Cisco to pick up the call

    and
    > > transfer it to my Asterisk box? I don't have an FXO card for the

    Asterisk
    > > box yet or I would have it manage the call. This is all

    experimentation.

    > > Any help or syntax command would help. Thanks

    > I don't know specifics about configuring Cisco VoIP, but if u can make
    > your 2621 talk SIP, it is just as simple as creating a entry in the

    sip.conf

    Ron Crash, Jul 18, 2003
  4. Ron Crash

    Ron Crash Guest

    I haven't figured it out yet as my card keeps setting itself off hook. Must
    get a CVS update I guess. Could you give me config samples for the Cisco?
    and Asterisk?

    Ron Crash, Jul 23, 2003