    are hard to get on a budget.

    Thanks

    Toby
    Toby, Apr 21, 2004

  2. On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:22:44 +0100, "Toby" <> wrote:

    ~ Does anyone know if the serial ports on a 2522 router can be used for
    ~ reverse telnet, and if so how to wire the cables up for console access to
    ~ other routers?

    You can use the 2522's aux for this, and also you can use the 2522's
    eight low-speed serials for async (but not the two high-speed serials.)
    To use a low-speed serial, you will need the EIA/TIA-232 cable (see
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...is2500/2520/2520_23/c2520cab.htm#xtocid292849)
    then use an applicable DB25-to-RJ45 adapter to cable to the console.
    See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/...products_tech_note09186a00801f5d85.shtml#db25 .
    As far as the pinouts, for console connections, you really only need
    to make sure that each side transmits on the other's receive, and
    that signal ground gets thru.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ I am setting up a lab for CCNA/P practice but currently have to have it near
    ~ the PC to keep moving the console cable, and want to move it to a remote
    ~ location in the house. i.e. connect 2522 from the ethernet port and reverse
    ~ telnet into the other boxes. I have being trying to get a 2511 for this but
    ~ are hard to get on a budget.
    ~
    ~ Thanks
    ~