    Thanks.

    dummyt68 at yahoo dot com
    , Oct 17, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I need an updated IOS for my 2514 routers, however, I don't have an
    >Enterprise account w/Cisco. Can someone point me in the right
    >direction? Or possibly just send me a current Enterprise IOS?

    Cisco no longer sells IOS for 25xx routers; CCO (support contract) is
    the only way you can get it from them.

    IOS is not transferable under most conditions (e.g., unless you buy out
    a company's complete assets). Germany and Denmark are exceptions;
    I haven't manage to figure out if any of the rest of the EU is.

    Sending you IOS is not something that can legitimately be done
    (except maybe in the above two countries.) You'd need written
    permission from Cisco to get around that, and they are not at all
    likely to grant that permission.

    Cisco has a "relicensing" program to allow buyers of used equipment
    to acquire rights to run the software -- but they won't relicense
    devices that old.

    In other words, you are pretty much stuck with what you have; if it
    isn't sufficient then you would need to buy a newer piece of equipment
    from someone authorized by Cisco to offer software licenses.
    Walter Roberson, Oct 17, 2006

  3. Cisco is taking an active role in curtailing the unauthorized use of
    grey market / used equipment without correct relicense agreements in
    place and rewarding customers for purchasing legitimate software
    relicenses for their units.

    Cisco Software Relicensing For Used Cisco Units:

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-embedded-software-licenses.htm

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Jobs
    http://www.bradreese.com/hot-jobs.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Salary and Compensation Rates
    http://www.bradreese.com/compensation-database.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Oct 17, 2006