    Anyone had some luck with this configuration?

    Thanks, __Yehavi:
    , Jan 23, 2007

  2. Thrill5 Guest

    We have had the same type of issues with CCM and Nortel. First you need to
    make sure you are running the latest version of 12.4 on the router. There
    were issues on the Nortel side and patches were needed.. I'm don't do PBX
    support so I'm not sure what version of code is running on the PBX or which
    patches were required, but I know that most of the issues were QSIG bugs on
    the Nortel.

    Scott

    Thrill5, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Guest

    Hello Scott,

    Since I do not have your Email address I am answering via the newsgroup...

    Thanks for your reply. Can you please Email me your Cisco'c config?

    Thanks again, __Yehavi:

    In article <>, "Thrill5" <> writes:
    > We have had the same type of issues with CCM and Nortel. First you need to
    > make sure you are running the latest version of 12.4 on the router. There
    > were issues on the Nortel side and patches were needed.. I'm don't do PBX
    > support so I'm not sure what version of code is running on the PBX or which
    > patches were required, but I know that most of the issues were QSIG bugs on
    > the Nortel.
    >
    > Scott
    >
    > <> wrote in message news:2007Jan23.144013@hujicc...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I am trying to connect an Asterisk PBX to a Nortel TX-1 using a Cisco
    >> 2,811
    >> as a gateway. It is working but no names are exchanged. From the debug
    >> mode I
    >> see that the Cisco sends the display name (which does not appear on the
    >> Nortel's phones) and the Nortel does not bother to send it at all.
    >>
    >> I recall that when I had a pilot with Cisco CCM two years ago we had to
    >> set
    >> the siganlling to ESGF on the Nortel and use MGCP on Cisco (since MGCP
    >> protocol
    >> forces the Cisco to use ESGF signalling). We could not use H.323 as it
    >> forces
    >> the Cisco to use ISGF. I suspect that SIP is the same, but setting ISGF
    >> signalling on Nortel doesn't help.
    >>
    >> Anyone had some luck with this configuration?
    >>
    >> Thanks, __Yehavi:

    , Jan 25, 2007