    1941W?

    Thanks

    David

    David Pryce, Feb 13, 2010

  2. David Pryce

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <>
    David Pryce wrote:

    | Hi Group,
    |
    | I am thinking of replacing my Cisco 1841 router with a Cisco 1941W
    | router.
    |
    | I know the Cisco 1941W comes with 2 x 10/100/1000 interfaces.
    | However, I would like to add an extra 2 x Gigabit if possible and
    | install the ADSL card from my 1841.
    |
    | Are there any Gigabit expansion cards that will working in the Cisco
    | 1941W?

    You won't be able to do that.
    For 2 aditional Gbps ports you need to add 2 x HWIC-1GE-SFP + the
    coresponding SFP ports that you need. Since the router has only 2 slots
    you won't be able to install your ADSL card.

    More info about the expansion cards here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10538/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

    Morph, Feb 13, 2010

  3. David Pryce

    bod43 Guest

    On 13 Feb, 10:07, Morph <> wrote:
    > In the message
    > <>
    >
    > David Pryce wrote:
    >
    > | Hi Group,
    > |
    > | I am thinking of replacing my Cisco 1841 router with a Cisco 1941W
    > | router.
    > |
    > | I know the Cisco 1941W comes with 2 x 10/100/1000 interfaces.
    > | However, I would like to add an extra 2 x Gigabit if possible and
    > | install the ADSL card from my 1841.
    > |
    > | Are there any Gigabit expansion cards that will working in the Cisco
    > | 1941W?
    >
    > You won't be able to do that.
    > For 2 aditional Gbps ports you need to add 2 x HWIC-1GE-SFP + the
    > coresponding SFP ports that you need. Since the router has only 2 slots
    > you won't be able to install your ADSL card.
    >
    > More info about the expansion cards here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10538/products_relevant_interfa...

    I am not familiar with the 1900 series routers however
    in general such low end routers will not be able to run
    GBE ports at anything like full rate.

    There is a 4 port (or is it 5?) fast ethernet (H?)WIC that might
    suit your purposes. This card has an on-board switch
    so that local traffic is hardware switched and does not
    affect the router CPU.

    If you need GBE rate routing consider 3560 (L3)switch.

    bod43, Feb 13, 2010
  4. David Pryce

    Morph Guest

    In the message
    <>
    bod43 wrote:

    | > <>
    | >
    | > David Pryce wrote:
    | >
    | > | Hi Group,
    | > |
    | > | I am thinking of replacing my Cisco 1841 router with a Cisco 1941W
    | > | router.
    | > |
    | > | I know the Cisco 1941W comes with 2 x 10/100/1000 interfaces.
    | > | However, I would like to add an extra 2 x Gigabit if possible and
    | > | install the ADSL card from my 1841.
    | > |
    | > | Are there any Gigabit expansion cards that will working in the Cisco
    | > | 1941W?
    | >
    | > You won't be able to do that.
    | > For 2 aditional Gbps ports you need to add 2 x HWIC-1GE-SFP + the
    | > coresponding SFP ports that you need. Since the router has only 2 slots
    | > you won't be able to install your ADSL card.
    | >
    | > More info about the expansion cards here:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10538/products_relevant_interfa...
    |
    | I am not familiar with the 1900 series routers however
    | in general such low end routers will not be able to run
    | GBE ports at anything like full rate.
    |
    | There is a 4 port (or is it 5?) fast ethernet (H?)WIC that might
    | suit your purposes. This card has an on-board switch
    | so that local traffic is hardware switched and does not
    | affect the router CPU.

    That's the HWIC-4ESW
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5853/product_data_sheet0900aecd8016bf0b.html
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/col...ecd8016c026_ps5854_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

    Morph, Feb 13, 2010
  5. David Pryce

    jabz

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Sorry for bringing up an old thread.

    I am interested in this Cisco 1941W or 1941 it states it has 2 x Total Onboard LAN 10/100/1000. The datasheet sheet calls them WAN then LAN ports.

    Does this mean the router is not capable of 1GB throughput for the LAN/WAN port on the Local network?

    I am going to put in a HWIC-1ADSL, and later when the service is available a HWIC-1VDSL

    jabz, Jul 12, 2010