Cisco 186 vs Vista 392 phone

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by DevilsPGD, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. DevilsPGD

    DevilsPGD Guest

    Okay, this seems really weird to me... And this might not be the place
    to ask, but it's a place to start.

    I have a Vista 392 phone, a couple telco lines, and a Vonage Cisco 186
    ATA, and a small call display related problem. I tend to blame the
    Vista 392 phone, but I'm still confused as to how this is possible --
    FWIW, on two telco lines, everything works fine.

    For some reason, I'm not getting call display on line1 (telco) on the
    Vista phone if I hook up the Cisco ATA on line2. As soon as I unhook
    the Cisco ATA from line2 on the phone, or connect a landline to line2
    then it works.

    Additionally, if I hook the Cisco ATA up to the primary line on the
    phone, and telco on "line2" then everything works.

    I'll probably end up replacing the phone, I'd like to find a good 3/4
    line desk phone, but in the mean time, am I missing anything obvious
    here?

    --
    Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.
    DevilsPGD, Oct 27, 2003