Cisco 1811 configs

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Lou Anschuetz, May 9, 2006.

  1. I'm a consultant on a Cisco 1811, which has me befuddled.

    The router has an E0 (outside), E1 (inside) 8 ports and 2 WAPs.

    According to documentation from Cisco, if I configure irb (done) all should be good. This indeed
    works if I want to put an IP address on E0 and E1 and treat it like a conventional router. But,
    then none of the 8 ports work nor the WAPs. That is, the internal ports believe they are on
    vlan 1 but not able to route, despite a default route, to the outside.

    I've not included a config since I've tried literally hundreds of things, and nothing seems to
    get me where I want to go.

    Here's my goal:

    E0 is outside
    E1 is inside, along with 8 ports + WAP ports

    I did try putting all 8 ports + the WAP ports in VLAN 1, assigning the inside IP to
    VLAN1, having no IP on E1, and creating a bridge group including E1, the 8 port switch
    and WAP ports. Everything inside could talk to each other, but not to
    anything on the outside.

    so if there is anyone who has been able to get all these ports to cooperate, I'd love
    to see the config you used (minus passwords/real IP's of course :) E-mail is sufficient to
    not bore the masses.
    --
    Lou Anschuetz,
    Network Manager, ECE, Carnegie Mellon University

    Lou Anschuetz, May 9, 2006