Cisco 1801 DSL connection help

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Robert, Sep 11, 2007.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    Hey everybody,

    I need help with setting up a PPPoE connection with a Cisco 1801.
    I have AllTel for a provider (which i believe is Windstream) and
    looking at my old Windstream router i see the VPI:0 VCI:35 and the
    Authentication type will be PAP.

    My Encapsulations are below and I've tried them all with no luck and
    I'm not sure how to proceed.

    PPPoE
    RFC1483 Routing (AAL5SNAP)
    RFC1483 Routing (AAL5MUX)
    PPPoA (AAL5MUX)
    PPPoA (AAL5SNAP)

    Will this be a Static IP, IP Negotiated, Dynamic or IP un-numbered?
    I do appreciate any help because I'm completely lost.

    Thanks,
    Robert

    Robert, Sep 11, 2007

  2. Robert

    Kyniu Guest

    Dnia Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0000, Robert napisa³(a):

    > My Encapsulations are below and I've tried them all with no luck and
    > I'm not sure how to proceed.
    >
    > PPPoE
    > RFC1483 Routing (AAL5SNAP)
    > RFC1483 Routing (AAL5MUX)
    > PPPoA (AAL5MUX)
    > PPPoA (AAL5SNAP)
    >
    > I do appreciate any help because I'm completely lost.

    Ask your provider for help and/or start with FAQ on their website.

    For example go to http://www.windstream.com/support/faqs.aspx and type DSL
    in Keyword box - check the first answer "3rd Party ADSL Modem"

    Kyniu

    Kyniu, Sep 12, 2007