    Thanks

    Stuart
    , Apr 25, 2009

  2. bod43 Guest

    On 25 Apr, 07:50, wrote:
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I wish to upgrade my Cisco 837 to a Cisco 1801 so I can get the
    > download speed benefits of ADSL 2/2+ service.
    >
    > I am looking at buying a used device to keep the cost down.   I see
    > some advertised with ADSL and others ADSL 2/2+.
    >
    > Does the 1801 come in different configurations - ie hardware that only
    > supports ADSL and another model supporting ADSL 2/2+.  If so what are
    > the models and difference?
    >
    > Or is the ADSL 2/2+ only available after a IOS revision level?  I have
    > seen comments about 12.4(4)T being the minimum version.
    >
    > BTW what is the latest IOS version for the 1801 (Advanced IP)?

    It seems that 1801 does support ADSL2/2+

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/col...0aecd8028a95f_ps5853_Products_Data_Sheet.html

    My 877 certainly seems to
    router(config-if)#dsl operating-mode ?
    adsl2 ITU G.992.3 Annex A and L
    adsl2+ ITU G.992.5 Annex A
    ansi-dmt ANSI T1.413
    auto auto detect mode
    itu-dmt ITU G.992.1 Annex A

    I believe that 857/877, 867/887 will all support
    ADSL2/2+ also.

    It is not too bad to check on the web site.
    According to the feature navigator ADSL2/2+ is not a
    seperate feature so I woudl suppose that
    any functioning software sill do the job.

    = HOWEVER =

    There seem to have been numerous issues with the
    ADSL firmware relating to the chip sets used in the
    857/877 and others that use the
    STMicroelectronics/alcatel 20190 chipset
    and so it seems a good idea to use more recent IOS
    or to get the ADSL firmware from the ftp site.
    there are numerous references to it on this newsgroup.
    ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/access/800/
    bod43, Apr 25, 2009

  3. fawad

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    hello can any one tel me how to connect cisco router to which thing when configuring PPPOE please i m confused i hav ADSL modem i m conecting cisco router to ADSL modem and configuring pppoe in cisco router . will this works or any one could tell me
    fawad, Jun 6, 2009