    Please help.
    Best regards
    Mirek

    Mirek, Feb 20, 2004

  2. On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:47:21 +0100, "Mirek" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello everybody
    >
    >I have a question - problem. I'm the owner of Cisco 1760 router and I have
    >small problem.
    >My fastethernet is set to act with 100Mb/s. I connected 4 servers to this
    >interface using simple switch. Those servers have router fastethernet
    >interface as a delault gateway. When I tried to get a data from one server
    >to other my max speed is 1,2MB/s that is 10Mb. Why my max transfer is 10
    >times smaller beside fastethernet on the router is set to act witch speed
    >100.

    Just because a router has a 100Mbit Ethernet interface doesn't
    necessarily mean it can route at a full 100Mbit/sec. Routers can
    handle a given number of packets-per-second, and this is what
    determines maximum bandwidth potential. I'd expect a 1760 to be able
    to exceed 10Mbit/sec under ideal conditions (i.e., full-sized packets,
    no performance-reducing features such as ACLs or NAT, etc.), but most
    real-world transfers (e.g., file transfers) aren't so ideal. Your
    best bet is to download a bandwidth-testing program such as TTCP and
    see what transfer speed you get then. Make sure CEF is enabled. But
    don't expect anywhere near 100Mbit/s with a 1760 -- maybe 20Mbit/sec
    or so. If you run such a test, I'd appreciate hearing the results.

    -Terry

    Terry Baranski, Feb 21, 2004

  3. Mirek

    Mirek Guest

    Thx
    Best regards
    Mirek

    Mirek, Feb 21, 2004
  4. Hi,

    As Terry stated, the performance of the 1760 will not get near 100mbps.
    But I don't know if this is your problem. You said the four servers are
    connected via a simple switch to the router. Are all servers using the same
    IP range? If so, traffic isn't going through the router at all and you might
    have a speed/duplex problem on one of your servers. Make sure the switch
    knows all servers are connected at 100mbps and check the serverside as well.
    If one of them negotiated 10Mbps then that's why you traffic doesn't exceed
    10Mbps.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Feb 23, 2004