Cisco 1751 Point-to-point probelm.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Tom, May 20, 2004.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,

    I have this problem with our point-to-point, it will say connected for
    a very brief amount of time if I unplug from the serial and plug back
    in. We have a dedicated T1 with the exact same router on the other
    side, both setup for routing. Any help would be greatful.

    Serial1/0 is down, line protocol is down
    Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
    Internet address is 192.168.41.2/24
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 151/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    Encapsulation PPP, loopback not set
    LCP Closed
    Closed: BRIDGECP, IPCP, CCP, CDPCP, LLC2, BACP
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:00:10
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    0
    Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    Conversations 0/2/256 (active/max active/max total)
    Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    Available Bandwidth 1158 kilobits/sec
    0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 carrier transitions
    DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

    Tom, May 20, 2004

  2. (Tom) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have this problem with our point-to-point, it will say connected for
    > a very brief amount of time if I unplug from the serial and plug back
    > in. We have a dedicated T1 with the exact same router on the other
    > side, both setup for routing. Any help would be greatful.
    >

    > Serial1/0 is down, line protocol is down
    > Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
    > Internet address is 192.168.41.2/24
    > MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    > reliability 151/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    > Encapsulation PPP, loopback not set
    > LCP Closed
    > Closed: BRIDGECP, IPCP, CCP, CDPCP, LLC2, BACP
    > Last input 00:19:49, output 00:19:22, output hang never
    > Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:00:10
    > Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    > 0
    > Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    > Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    > Conversations 0/2/256 (active/max active/max total)
    > Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    > Available Bandwidth 1158 kilobits/sec
    > 5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    > 5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    > 0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    > Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    > 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    > 0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    > 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 1 interface resets
    > 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
    > 0 carrier transitions
    > DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

    With DCD (carrier) down, it would seem to point to a circuit problem.
    I would get the circuit checked out.

    Pete

    Pete Mainwaring, May 21, 2004

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    (Pete Mainwaring) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Tom) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have this problem with our point-to-point, it will say connected for
    > > a very brief amount of time if I unplug from the serial and plug back
    > > in. We have a dedicated T1 with the exact same router on the other
    > > side, both setup for routing. Any help would be greatful.
    > >

    > > Serial1/0 is down, line protocol is down
    > > Hardware is PQUICC with Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
    > > Internet address is 192.168.41.2/24
    > > MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1544 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    > > reliability 151/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
    > > Encapsulation PPP, loopback not set
    > > LCP Closed
    > > Closed: BRIDGECP, IPCP, CCP, CDPCP, LLC2, BACP
    > > Last input 00:19:49, output 00:19:22, output hang never
    > > Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:00:10
    > > Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    > > 0
    > > Queueing strategy: weighted fair
    > > Output queue: 0/1000/64/0 (size/max total/threshold/drops)
    > > Conversations 0/2/256 (active/max active/max total)
    > > Reserved Conversations 0/0 (allocated/max allocated)
    > > Available Bandwidth 1158 kilobits/sec
    > > 5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    > > 5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
    > > 0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
    > > Received 0 broadcasts, 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
    > > 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    > > 0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
    > > 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 1 interface resets
    > > 0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
    > > 0 carrier transitions
    > > DCD=down DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=down

    > With DCD (carrier) down, it would seem to point to a circuit problem.
    > I would get the circuit checked out.
    >
    > Pete

    Thanks, I did find out the circuit was having problems. Thanks for you help.

    Tom, May 21, 2004