cisco 1721 routing to different gateways

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by psykotic, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. psykotic

    psykotic Guest

    I have a cisco 1721 router that is trunked to a avaya p134g2 switch
    cascade. On this trunk exists five different vlans to separate
    different blocks of students, and a corporate side of the network. (4
    student, 1 corporate)

    We are thinking about adding more bandwidth, and I was wondering how
    you would configure a subinterface for one of the vlans to forward
    traffic to a new gateway.

    Basically I want the 1721 to continue to manage the network via
    dhcp/routing, but want to be able to add some bandwidth and pass
    traffic to a couple more gateways.

    Note that these gateways would not be cisco devices, but smc docsis as
    we are going to experiment with some cheaper bandwidth from comcast on
    the student side.

    Thxs.

    psykotic, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Connect new a new gateway to the switch and route traffic to it with a
    static route. Or, if you'd like traffic sent based on source address,
    configure route-maps.

    Steve
    www.cisco-forum.com

    cisco-forum.com, Jan 25, 2005