Cisco 1721 lost configuration

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Said SIM, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. Said SIM

    Said SIM Guest

    Help plzzz!

    I have a cisoc router 1721.
    I have never made configuration on this router.
    I wanted to reset all configuration i have made on this router so after
    typing enable and password,
    I type:
    erase /all nvram
    write erase
    erase /no-squeeze-space flash
    write erase

    I turn off router.
    And then when i turn on router, i have this message:
    "device does not contain a valid magic Numer".
    "Boot: cannot oopen "flash:"
    "Boott: cannot determine first file name on device flash".

    how can i do to restore the first config ?

    Many thanks for ur help.

    Said SIM, Apr 28, 2004

  2. Said SIM

    Rainer Temme Guest

    "Said SIM" <> wrote in message
    > Help plzzz!
    >
    > I have a cisoc router 1721.
    > I have never made configuration on this router.
    > I wanted to reset all configuration i have made on this router so after
    > typing enable and password,
    > I type:
    > erase /all nvram
    > write erase
    > erase /no-squeeze-space flash
    > write erase
    >
    > I turn off router.
    > And then when i turn on router, i have this message:
    > "device does not contain a valid magic Numer".
    > "Boot: cannot oopen "flash:"
    > "Boott: cannot determine first file name on device flash".
    >
    > how can i do to restore the first config ?
    >
    > Many thanks for ur help.

    Said,

    With "erase nvram" you did what you wanted to do (wiping out the stored
    config)

    with "erase flash" you did something that (I assume) you didn't want...
    you erased the IOS-image from the router.

    So, now when the router boots, it tries to find a valid IOS-image and
    fails...
    that's what the output you posted means.

    Your options are ...
    ... download an IOS-image over the console-connection (serial cable)
    ... use ROMMON's (limited) features to download via the
    ethernet-interface.

    Regards ... Rainer

    Rainer Temme, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Said SIM

    Said SIM Guest

    where can i found the IOS-image?
    and what is the command to download it?

    Said
    news: c6o3qo$e8n$...

    Said SIM, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Unless you have a support contract with Cisco and can log into their web
    site using a CCO account name and password, you won't be able to do that on
    your own.

    Next time, watch carefully what you type in. As Rainer pointed out, you may
    end up doing something you didn't want to do, in retrospect.

    CS

    cybersoldier01, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Said SIM

    Said SIM Guest

    plzzz someone can tell me where can i found the cisco IOS-image for 1721
    router.
    and how can i download it into the router.

    said
    WMMjc.5694$...

    Said SIM, Apr 28, 2004