CISCO 1721 - ISDN problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rits, Oct 24, 2003.

  1. Rits

    Rits Guest

    Hi,

    I have got CISCO 1721 and I am facing problem to bring up 2nd ISDN
    channel on this router. On this router I was suspecting IOS problem
    hence I upgraded the IOS from 12.2(13)T to 12.2(13)T9 but it seems
    by upgrading IOS didn't resolved this problem at all :-( I have
    checked ISDN link, which is fine. I tried changing the value of
    threshold "dialer load-threshold 100 either". I have kept this value
    100 and then I doing extended ping with 1500 bytes from Ethernet to
    Ethernet but 2nd channel is not coming up at all, but if I decrease
    threshold value to 5 or 10 then 2nd channel comes up straightway. Can
    anyone tell me how to resolve this problem?

    interface Dialer2
    description backup-isdn
    bandwidth 64
    ip address negotiated
    encapsulation ppp
    no ip split-horizon
    dialer pool 2
    dialer idle-timeout 0 either
    dialer string ***********
    dialer hold-queue 10
    dialer load-threshold 5 either
    dialer persistent
    dialer-group 1
    no peer default ip address
    no cdp enable
    ppp authentication chap pap callin
    ppp chap hostname *****
    ppp chap password *********
    ppp pap sent-username ******** password ********
    ppp multilink

    Rits, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Sounds like it is working as designed. The load in this case is an 8-bit
    representation (0-255) of the 5 minute input or ourput rate (you can change
    the 5 minutes using the "load-interval" command.

    If you set it to 100, the load would have to be 100/255 * 64000 = 25kb/s for
    about 5 minutes before the second link came up.

    Sounds like you may want to reduce "load-interval" if you want the link to
    spring up faster.

    http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/131/multippp_add_bchannels.html

    Phillip Remaker, Oct 26, 2003

  3. Rits

    Rits Guest

    "Phillip Remaker" <> wrote in message news:<%IUmb.3981$>...
    > Sounds like it is working as designed. The load in this case is an 8-bit
    > representation (0-255) of the 5 minute input or ourput rate (you can change
    > the 5 minutes using the "load-interval" command.
    >
    > If you set it to 100, the load would have to be 100/255 * 64000 = 25kb/s for
    > about 5 minutes before the second link came up.
    >
    > Sounds like you may want to reduce "load-interval" if you want the link to
    > spring up faster.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/131/multippp_add_bchannels.html

    This doesn't seems to be working on any of this IOS's (12.2(13)T to
    12.2(13)T9) I have tried with all the permutation and combinations by
    reducing the timings but problem appears to be continue (I have tried
    this on around 5 different locations)

    Any other suggestions ?

    Rits, Oct 27, 2003