    when I use Dynamic all works well when I use static I get PPP Chap
    authentication issues.

    Any help or copies of successful configs would be appreciated.

    Andy, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Andy

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:14:04 +0000 (UTC), Andy wrote:

    >I am trying to setup a Cisco 1721 with Static addresses supplied by BT,

    Don't BT supply any instructions?

    >when I use Dynamic all works well when I use static I get PPP Chap
    >authentication issues.
    >
    >Any help or copies of successful configs would be appreciated.

    Homework?

    Cisco questions always benefit from this -

    To determine the version of Cisco IOS software currently running on your
    Cisco 1700 series router, log in to the router and enter the show
    version EXEC command. The following sample output from the show version
    command indicates the version number on the second output line:

    router> show version
    IOS (tm) C1700 Software (C1700-Y-MZ), Version 12.2(4)YA6, EARLY
    DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Synched to technology version 12.2(5.4)T

    If it does - #show log
    as well, for the log file in case there are error message / error codes.

    Ask in this group,
    comp.dcom.sys.cisco

    go for one of these
    alt.certification.cisco

    Maybe even,
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/index.html
    search 1721 , selecting Tech. Support & Docs.

    Not forgetting the always handy, www.google.com
    Searched the web for
    cisco 1721 ppp chap authentication
    Results 1 - 10 of about 315. Search took 0.09 seconds

    Me

    why?, Jan 31, 2004