Cisco 1720

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Walter, Aug 8, 2004.

  1. Walter

    Walter Guest

    I have a Cisco 1720 router that I have 'inherited' from a now defunct ISP. I
    want to play around with it a bit, but I can't get into it.....
    I can't ping it (not totally sure I have the correct IP address)
    When I use hyperterm, I can get in, but it asks for a password and I have no
    idea what that may be...

    My question is:
    how can i change it back to the default settings for the router?
    and what are the default settings?
    Default IP address?
    default user name and password?

    is there a web interface for this router that would allow me to access and
    config it from a browser, if I knew the IP address and log on info?

    thanks

    Walter, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Walter

    Frank Fegert Guest

    Hi,

    Walter wrote:
    > I have a Cisco 1720 router that I have 'inherited' from a now defunct ISP. I
    > want to play around with it a bit, but I can't get into it.....
    > I can't ping it (not totally sure I have the correct IP address)
    > When I use hyperterm, I can get in, but it asks for a password and I have no
    > idea what that may be...
    >
    > My question is:
    > how can i change it back to the default settings for the router?
    > and what are the default settings?
    > Default IP address?
    > default user name and password?
    >
    > is there a web interface for this router that would allow me to access and
    > config it from a browser, if I knew the IP address and log on info?

    this might help you:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a0080094773.shtml

    you need physical access to the router and a serial console cable
    (the blue ones are original cisco stuff, but any other should also
    work) in order to perform the procedure.

    HTH,

    Frank

    Frank Fegert, Aug 8, 2004