CISCO 1711 Router Configuration Problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by andeeeeuk, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. andeeeeuk

    andeeeeuk Guest

    We have replaced a D-Link router with a cisco 1711 to be used for a
    VPN link

    I have very little knowledge on cisco routers and the cisco IOS - so
    any help you guys can give will be much appreciated and I have
    attached the config of the 1711 at the bottom of this message

    I want the LAN interface to be a DHCP server offering addresses to
    attached clients in the range of 192.168.200.100 to 192.168.200.254.

    We currently have the WAN interface set up to be a DHCP client to
    obtain an address from our ISP.
    Eventually, we will need to set up the VPN tunnel, but for right now I
    just want to replace the D-Link to make sure everything works.
    Most of this seems to work OK although the router is not passing any
    traffic. It can see the Internet over the WAN (I can ping well-known
    addresses on the Internet side, but two problems show up:

    No routing of traffic off the LAN to the Internet
    Name services don't seem to be working

    Current configuration : 2573 bytes
    !
    ! No configuration change since last restart
    !
    version 12.2
    no service pad
    service tcp-keepalives-in
    service tcp-keepalives-out
    service timestamps debug datetime msec localtime show-timezone
    service timestamps log datetime msec localtime show-timezone
    service password-encryption
    service sequence-numbers
    !
    hostname guice_hq_rt01
    !
    security authentication failure rate 3 log
    security passwords min-length 6
    logging queue-limit 100
    logging buffered 51200 debugging
    logging console critical
    enable secret XXXXXXXXX
    !
    username XXXXXXXX privilege 15 password 7 XXXXXXXX
    clock timezone PCTimeZone -5
    ip subnet-zero
    no ip source-route
    !
    !
    ip tcp synwait-time 10
    no ip domain lookup
    ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.200.1 192.168.200.99
    !
    ip dhcp pool sdm-pool1
    network 192.168.200.0 255.255.255.0
    default-router 192.168.200.1
    !
    !
    no ip bootp server
    ip cef
    ip audit notify log
    ip audit po max-events 100
    ip ssh time-out 60
    ip ssh authentication-retries 2
    no ftp-server write-enable
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0
    description $FW_OUTSIDE$$ETH-WAN$
    ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet0
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat outside
    ip route-cache flow
    duplex auto
    speed auto
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet1
    no ip address
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet2
    no ip address
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet3
    no ip address
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface FastEthernet4
    no ip address
    no cdp enable
    !
    interface Async1
    no ip address
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    !
    interface Vlan1
    description $FW_INSIDE$$ETH-SW-LAUNCH$
    ip address 192.168.200.1 255.255.255.0
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat inside
    ip route-cache flow
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    !
    ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet0 overload
    ip address 192.168.200.1 255.255.255.0
    no ip redirects
    no ip unreachables
    no ip proxy-arp
    ip nat inside
    ip route-cache flow
    ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
    !
    ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet0 overload
    ip classless
    ip http server
    ip http authentication local
    ip http secure-server
    !
    !
    logging trap debugging
    access-list 1 remark INSIDE_IF=Vlan1
    access-list 1 remark SDM_ACL Category=2
    access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.7
    no cdp run
    !
    banner login ^CAuthorized access only!
    Disconnect IMMEDIATELY if you are not an authorized user!^C
    !
    line con 0
    login local
    transport output telnet