Cisco 1700

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dang, May 27, 2005.

  1. dang

    dang Guest

    Hey all.

    Ok most of you are going to hate this. We have a cisco 1700 router
    sitting around. I want to start learning the basics.

    Can you help me get into it. I know this is not what you all want to
    hear. I just want to know how to start accessing it.

    SO...

    What is the best way to access it?
    Telnet or Hypterterminal?

    I have the console cable and so on. I dont know the IP. I asked no on
    knows it. It has been sitting on the bench and our cisco guy has left
    so i cant ask him

    How can I get into it?

    If you can help i would appreciate it.

    dang, May 27, 2005

  2. dang

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    dang <> wrote:
    >What is the best way to access it?
    > Telnet or Hypterterminal?
    >
    >I have the console cable and so on. I dont know the IP.

    You sort of answered your own question :)

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com
    Rod Dorman, May 27, 2005

  3. dang

    dang Guest

    yea i realized that. i was using telnet just now. but i cant seem to
    access the router. i was trying

    open <hostname> but i have the wrong host
    dang, May 27, 2005
  4. dang

    Guest Guest

    pretty much is the same.........
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...on_guide_chapter09186a00802c36a5.html#wp36492

    --
    2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

    ///////////////////
    --Anthrax--
    //////////////////

    http://www.usenet.com
    Guest, May 27, 2005
  5. dang

    dang Guest

    <Anthrax> wrote:
    > pretty much is the same.........
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...on_guide_chapter09186a00802c36a5.html#wp36492
    >

    > --
    > 2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.
    >
    > ///////////////////
    > --Anthrax--
    > //////////////////
    > "dang" <> wrote in message
    > > Hey all.
    > >
    > > Ok most of you are going to hate this. We have a cisco 1700 router
    > > sitting around. I want to start learning the basics.
    > >
    > > Can you help me get into it. I know this is not what you all want to
    > > hear. I just want to know how to start accessing it.
    > >
    > > SO...
    > >
    > > What is the best way to access it?
    > > Telnet or Hypterterminal?
    > >
    > > I have the console cable and so on. I dont know the IP. I asked no on
    > > knows it. It has been sitting on the bench and our cisco guy has left
    > > so i cant ask him
    > >
    > > How can I get into it?
    > >
    > > If you can help i would appreciate it.

    > http://www.usenet.com

    Thanks Guys appreciate it. you will probably hear from me again.

    Peace Dan
    dang, May 27, 2005