    the login local does not exists, intead i get login authentication. How
    do i set up login on this router? thanks.
    , Jul 13, 2005

  2. Chris Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello I am trying to setup username/password on one of my routers but
    > it behaves different from the others when i type line vty 0 4
    > the login local does not exists, intead i get login authentication. How
    > do i set up login on this router? thanks.

    On mine I have,

    username <user> password <pass>
    !
    aaa new-model
    !
    aaa authentication login collossus local
    !
    line vty 0 4
    access-class 11 in
    logging synchronous
    login authentication collossus
    transport preferred none

    Chris.
    Chris, Jul 13, 2005

  3. RobO Guest

    Hi,

    Not sure if this is correct but if you setup a local username on the
    router then you should get the option under the line settings "login
    local".

    Local usernames are setup as follows:

    username myusername password mypassword

    Hope this helps.

    Rob
    RobO, Jul 13, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks Chris, I believe the problem i had was that i had line and no
    local on my aaa authentication
    , Jul 18, 2005