    John Guest

    Does someone know how can i open 1 TCP port from my router to 1
    computer that is connected to it?
    John, May 11, 2005

  2. John wrote:
    > Does someone know how can i open 1 TCP port from my router to 1
    > computer that is connected to it?

    some good documents on the subject:
    http://www.chinalinuxpub.com/doc/www.siliconvalleyccie.com/cisco-hn/dsl-router.htm

    http://www.portforward.com/cisco/678.htm

    and here are the notes I have put together so far:

    ================== to access the router =======================
    access via a telnet session:
    telnet 10.10.10.1

    access via service port console:
    connect the service port cable to com1 of windows PC
    programs - accessories - communications - hyper terminal
    set speed to 9600
    press enter - get router prompt

    ================ privledged and configure mode ==================
    ( from the router prompt. either in telnet or console session. )
    enable // enters privledged mode
    configure terminal // enters configure mode
    use ctrl-z to exit config mode

    =================== commands =============================
    enable // enter privlidged mode
    configure terminal // configure mode.
    show interface
    show ip nat translation

    =================== debug commands ===========================
    enable
    term mon
    debug ip nat detailed
    Steve Richter, May 11, 2005

  3. "John" <> wrote in message
    > Does someone know how can i open 1 TCP port from my router to 1
    > computer that is connected to it?

    Config t..............ip nat inside source static tcp <static ip of
    computer> <port number> interface <Dialer1 or whatever> <port number>
    Flatch U. Lance, May 12, 2005