Cisco 1700 Config Help: two ISP connect

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Kevin Hill, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Kevin Hill

    Kevin Hill Guest

    I have a cisco 1700 with an Enet card and a T1 card.

    I have the E0 on Cox Cable.
    I have the S0 on a T1.

    F0 - is my local network.

    Right now - I have it setup with NAT - however, once it locks onto one
    of the IP's for the above connects, EVERYTHING NAT's to that external
    IP.

    How can I run a config so that NAT works, but it does NAT based on the
    IP of the interface that it's going through?

    Okay - another way to ask this:

    What I want is this:

    I want various IP's to only go through the T1. All others to default
    through the Cable modem. Ideally- when one or the other is down, it
    would fail over to the other one by default.

    The problem I am running into is that both sides will only route
    specific IP's back to me. So, if the T1 IP goes out through the cable
    connection, their routers kill it (as they should). and vice versa.

    Hence my hope that I can get NAT working that is based on the
    interface IP, and not just the first IP it translated for. Or, the
    source IP.

    Thank you
    Kevin Hill, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Kevin Hill