    devices. The lights seem normal with OK after boot.
    Any ideas I should try?

    Bart

    Bart Fisher, May 16, 2006

  2. On 05/16/06 08:16, Bart Fisher wrote:
    > I pick-up a 1605-R off ebay. I've got a T1 coming in about 2 weeks
    > for our Asterisk server. I tried to get it to talk to me using 9600,
    > 8 bit, 1 stop no flow control (hyper terminal) and I see nothing
    > during boot or afterwards from the console port.
    > I assume the cable is standard RS-232. The cable works with other
    > devices. The lights seem normal with OK after boot.
    > Any ideas I should try?

    Have you searched Cisco's site?

    It is not clear whether your serial and, or console cable working fine
    with other Cisco devices.

    If there no help available at Cisco, try starting with 1200 baud and go
    up one by one 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600 and 115200 on live
    1605 box, in none of the above brings your any connectivity you may need
    change your cable between cross and, or straight models (Hint: test
    your current cable with a multi-meter, it should be a _cross_ if all the
    pins are not 1 is to 1, straight otherwise).

    Though not related to Cisco devices, but you may find good information
    on standard serial cables, particularly the Pinouts and Signals at:
    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO-20.html#ss20

    Hope that helps,
    --
    Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
    CTO (Chief Technology Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192

    Dr Balwinder S Dheeman, May 16, 2006