    Thanks.

    Jim
    , Jun 2, 2006

  2. Hi Jim,

    In the future you may wish to investigate the Cisco Power Supply
    Headquarters web page:

    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm

    Which can assist you when using this convenient eBay Cisco Guide:

    http://www.bradreese.com/ebay-cisco-repair.htm

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Network Engineer Directory
    http://www.bradreese.com/network-engineer-directory.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm
    www.BradReese.Com, Jun 2, 2006

  3. A Sharp Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > The question is, why to most eBay auctions not include the power
    > supplies for these 1600 series routers? Are they more valuable than
    > the router itself? Or do they go bad quite often? I can't understand
    > why a majority of sellers wouldn't have kept the power supply with the
    > router.

    When the tech bubble burst a few years ago, a lot of resellers got fucked
    big time on the Cisco routers they were holding. I have receipts from eBay
    in 2001 where I paid over $200 for 1601's. Today I bought three, with power
    supplies, for less than $200 total. Cisco guys don't make the money they
    once did, Cisco itself doesn't make the money it once did, and the prices
    for Cisco routers on the used market have tanked. I picked up a 1601 here
    in Orlando for $25 and it was in mint condition with the OS. Can't beat
    that.

    Just say no to the clowns selling them separately. They are clearly trying
    to scoop up extra dough this way. Cisco doesn't sell them separately, so
    don't take it from these bozos.
    A Sharp, Jun 6, 2006