    TSU's, I'm just looking to upgrade the Cisco 1600 router.

    Thanks....

    , Nov 16, 2005

  2. Matty M Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > We have the current configuration in our company.....
    >
    > Cisco 1600 -> AdTran TSU 120 -> Private Line T1 -> AdTran TSU 120 ->
    > Cisco 2500
    >
    > The Cisco 1600 is in the remote office. The Cisco 2500 in the corporate
    > office. Both voice and data go over this Private Line T1 in probably a
    > very common configuration. The Cisco 1600 gets all of it's Internet
    > Access over the Private Line T1. Whenever the T1 goes down, the remote
    > office loses all connectivity to the internet. I want to put a DSL line
    > as a backup in that office. I looked at the Cisco 1600 and noticed that
    > there are no additional slots for modules. I was looking at getting a
    > Cisco 1700 series router and connect a DSL line to it as a backup. I'm
    > trying to get an idea of what my possibilites are in this instance.
    > Upgrade to a Cisco 1700 routers with the WIC and ADSL card or is there
    > another device that I should use. I don't want to mess with the AdTran
    > TSU's, I'm just looking to upgrade the Cisco 1600 router.
    >
    > Thanks....

    Its possible although unless your buying used equipment I wouldnt get a 1721
    Id get an 1841 with the ADSL Wic and a WIC1T for the private T1.

    Is it just net access you want to provide to the office that has the 1600 ?

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matty M, Nov 17, 2005

  3. Guest

    Currently at the office with the 1600, they get their internet access
    from the corporate office via the Private Line. We just want that
    office to have a net backup in case the Private Line goes down.

    , Nov 18, 2005
  4. thatoneguy Guest

    He is using a fractional T1 for data since he is multiplexing with an
    Adtran I presume, so a WIC1T by itself wont cut it.

    As for purchasing myself, I would go with a pair of 2800 series, a
    couple WIC1T's, a couple of multiflex cards and start doing some VOIP
    trunking from PBX to PBX for all the advantages that will offer you in
    regards to dynamic bandwidth usage along with eliminating the Adtran's.

    The 2800's will also offer you VPN, firewall and etc. for a DSL backup
    and having the VOIP trunking will also allow you to pass that through
    your backup connection as well, giving you full reduncancy.

    thatoneguy, Nov 18, 2005
  5. Matty M Guest

    "thatoneguy" <> wrote in message
    > He is using a fractional T1 for data since he is multiplexing with an
    > Adtran I presume, so a WIC1T by itself wont cut it.
    >
    > As for purchasing myself, I would go with a pair of 2800 series, a
    > couple WIC1T's, a couple of multiflex cards and start doing some VOIP
    > trunking from PBX to PBX for all the advantages that will offer you in
    > regards to dynamic bandwidth usage along with eliminating the Adtran's.
    >

    > The 2800's will also offer you VPN, firewall and etc. for a DSL backup
    > and having the VOIP trunking will also allow you to pass that through
    > your backup connection as well, giving you full reduncancy.

    Hi,

    Well in that case you could take the WIC card out of the 1600 and put it in
    the new router. Depends on how much you want to spend/change the network.

    Cheers

    Matt

    Matty M, Nov 19, 2005
  6. Guest

    If that is the case, I should probably buy a 1700 series or the new
    1800 series, put the WIC card from the 1600 in it, and get an ADSL
    module for the DSL. It seems like the cheapest alternative....

    Matty M wrote:
    > "thatoneguy" <> wrote in message
    > > He is using a fractional T1 for data since he is multiplexing with an
    > > Adtran I presume, so a WIC1T by itself wont cut it.
    > >
    > > As for purchasing myself, I would go with a pair of 2800 series, a
    > > couple WIC1T's, a couple of multiflex cards and start doing some VOIP
    > > trunking from PBX to PBX for all the advantages that will offer you in
    > > regards to dynamic bandwidth usage along with eliminating the Adtran's.
    > >

    > > The 2800's will also offer you VPN, firewall and etc. for a DSL backup
    > > and having the VOIP trunking will also allow you to pass that through
    > > your backup connection as well, giving you full reduncancy.
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > Well in that case you could take the WIC card out of the 1600 and put it in
    > the new router. Depends on how much you want to spend/change the network.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Matt

    , Nov 19, 2005